SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT
We constantly strive to strengthen our social and environmental commitment.
Our social commitment is oriented towards the following:
- Supporting the foundation Light on Salento, which is dedicated to the musical training of children in the town of Salento; this keeps them busy in the afternoons and away from the streets while their parents are at work.
- Motivating and supporting our hotel staff in order that they pursue technical or professional careers.
- Ensuring the enforcement of the labor laws that guarantee the welfare of our employees. Fair Trade
We have made efforts to contribute to the sustainability of our ecosystem through the implementation of the following strategies: (En la version en español, se debe suprimir la viñeta).
- Recycling programs
- Using water-saving showers and toilets
- Room arrangement preference selection
- Providing organic cotton linen in our rooms
- Using wood from naturally fallen trees to manufacture our hotel furniture
- Supporting the maintenance of a protected nature reserve as part of a private project
- Carrying out continuous reforestation programs
- Establishing a program for raising chickens for eggs and cultivating organic vegetables for consumption in the hotel
- Research of organic strategies for the agricultural programs of the Hacienda
- Election of suppliers who use clean technologies (Sugiero ubicar este texto en la parte inicial por su afinidad con los primeros cuatro textos).
- Bambusa owns an 800-hectare (1,900 acres) private nature reserve in the jungles of the Middle Magdalena Valley. Its purpose is the conservation of this unique ecosystem.